Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect new washing machine?

COSullivan
Just Starting Out

How to connect new washing machine?

20240223_113340.jpg

I have just moved to a new house and had a new washing machine delivered. However. The connection from the machine to under sink cold water does not connect. Can you suggest a fitting to join them up, please? Attach images.

20240223_113400.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connect new washing machine?

Hello @COSullivan 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about connecting your washing machine.

You'll notice that the Tee connector you are trying to connect to has two outlets. One is 15mm which is the smaller one and the one on the other side is 20mm which is the bigger one which is where you need to link your hose to. 

I suggest covering the 15mm side with a Brasshards 15mm Chrome Plated Brass Flat Cap to prevent flooding. Please make sure to use FIX-A-TAP 12mm x 8m Thread Seal Tape on the threads before installing the cap.

I recommend using a shifter and carefully remove the cover cap on the larger 20mm side. Once the cap is off, attach the washing machine hose securely to the threaded end and that it sits flat and even. Slowly turn on the tap at the bottom and make sure there are no leaks. If you get leaks turn the water off and add plumbers' tape and try again.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
COSullivan
Just Starting Out

Thanks for the info. All sorted!

Great, thanks so much for letting us know @COSullivan. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand with anything around the house and garden.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects