Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect pressure washer to laundry?

Liam007
Finding My Feet

How to connect pressure washer to laundry?

I want to pressure wash high rise well drained balcony from time to time. No tap on balcony unfortunately. So the option is to connect to the laundry. Are the sink tap connectors any good? I'm thinking there would be too much pressure. If not we could connect to the washing machine tap, but am wondering if we could fit a splitter year round so I have the option to connect a hose year round? Would a good quality splitter make sure the apartment doesn't flood lol? Standard washer taps installed for context. Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: want to pressure wash balcony

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Liam007. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about connecting a pressure washer.

Creating an additional connection with a splitter at the washing machine taps would be the most secure solution. If you can post a picture of the fittings on the wall, then I trust our helpful members will be able to let you know how a fitting for your pressure washer could be added. Let me know if you need a hand uploading an image.

I look forward to seeing those images and assisting further. 

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

thanks this is whatit looks like 20221204_160331.jpg

 j98

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Liam007

Thank you so much for posting that photo of your tap layout. I suggest getting the following parts, the Kinetic 1.2m Washing Machine/Dishwasher Double Ended Inlet Hose, the Brasshards 20mm Brass Threaded Hexagon Nipple and the Pope 2-Way Brass Threaded Tap

I propose attaching the Kinetic washing machine hose to your existing washing machine tap. Next is to attach the Brass threaded nipple to the other end of the hose so that you can attach the Pope 2-way tap. The purpose of this is to make attaching your pressure washer hose easier. If the attachment is too far into your cabinet it will be difficult and cumbersome which means that you'll not be able to tighten the fittings thoroughly. It's important that the fittings are tight and secure. I suggest using FIX-A-TAP 12mm x 8m Thread Seal Tape on all the threaded fittings.

Re-attach the original washing machine hose to one end of the 2-way tap and secure its fitting. Make sure that the switch for it is in the on position. For extra safety, you can cover the extra outlet with a Brasshards 20mm Brass Threaded Cap. Once you have a look t the Pope 2-way tap you'll be able to determine the best way to attach your current hoses for the best layout.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects