Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect washing machine to a bath tap?

Mel7
Just Starting Out

How to connect washing machine to a bath tap?

I need to attach my washing machine to my bath tap while I save the $$ for a plumber to install proper fittings. How can I do this? 

IMG_0133.jpeg

IMG_0134.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connect washing machine to a bath tap?

Hello @Mel7 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about connecting your washing machine to your bath spout.

Usually, I would suggest using a Kinetic Adaptor Aerator Kit to turn the end of the spout into something you can link the washing machine hose to. But it seems like you have a non-standard custom spout with your bath set. I suggest measuring the mouth of spout and see if the Kinetic 19mm Brass Dishwasher Adaptor is compatible with your spout. Please note that you'll need to remove the aerator attached to your spout to test the adapter.

Another option is to force fit the Holman 15mm Plain Tap Adaptor With Clamp to the end of your spout. The tighter it is the better.

Once you've found a compatible attachment, I recommend assembling this adapter from this discussion - Benchtop dishwasher quick release connection by @jenenev. It will allow you to connect and disconnect the washing machine with relative convenience.

The only other option I can think of is temporarily replacing your bath spout with a Kinetic 15mm Chrome Female Garden Tap. this will let you connect your washing machine hose directly to the tap.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects