Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect washing machine to sink joiner?

Jas8485
Finding My Feet

How to connect washing machine to sink joiner?

Hi there, I need help to add my washing machine water outlet with under the sink joiner. I have attached a picture but its seems it blocked from inside because machine is unable to drain water. 

it would be really great  if I can get some help.

kind regards 

image.jpg

image.jpg

3021a14a-f210-4aa4-82a0-19784a9a31aa.jpeg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Adding my washer to under the sink.

Hi @Jas8485 

You  are absolutly correct the inner  nozzle is designed to be blocked so it wont leak into cupboard with out a dishwasher installed and it stops the drain smells  coming out too

So all you need to do is gently  put a drill bit that neatly fits down the nozzle inside diameter hole an drill it out. A slightly smaller hole will work just as good please  be gentle and slow on your drill.

Remember to take your dishwasher hose up higher (than the drain point ) on its way  to the drain point so water flows  properly from your dish washer.

Your dishwasher instructions  will help yuo there. :smile: 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jas8485. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about connecting a dishwasher.

It's wonderful to see that @Jewelleryrescue has already assisted. You'll also need a hose clamp to fix your hose onto the barb. This just ensures that it doesn't blow off under pressure.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you so much @Jewelleryrescue and @MitchellMc for your help. I have manage to fix the problem as per your advice.

Have a nice day and many regards.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Great work, @Jas8485!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects