Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to cut a custom size Hume Ascott door?

mikib
Just Starting Out

How to cut a custom size Hume Ascott door?

Question? Can I easily cut down a std 620mm x 35 x 2035mm hollow Hume Ascott four panel door to 550mm x 35 x 1960mm?

will it have any strength? Or 

Does Bunnings sell custom sizes to suit above?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: custom size hume ascot door

Hello @mikib 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about custom size doors.

The good news is that Hume can make custom size doors. I suggest double checking measurements and proceeding to the special orders desk. Ask one of the special orders team members for a quote on the door type and size that you need. 

If your door size is in the standard quoting bracket, they should be able to give you a price for the door. However, if it's not, they will have to send it off to be priced by Hume. 

The general process will be that the special orders team will receive the price from Hume which gets put into your quote. The team will then call or email you the price and all you need to do is to pay for the door before it gets ordered.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: How to cut a custom size Hume Ascott door?

Good Afternoon @mikib 

I wouldnt like to try cutting a door down by that much. I was nervous when my carpenter mate trimmed my solid doors down by 30mm all up lol A hollow door wouldnt leave much on theedges I would suspect. 

I didnt know that you can order custom sizes Via the special orders desk! :smile: I will be keeping that in mind for sure.

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects