Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to enclose a curved shower?

narragirl85
Finding My Feet

How to enclose a curved shower?

In my laundry/ second bathroom I have a corner shower with a curved base and is only enclosed by a shower curtain.

I've wanted to put a curved screen in, but I haven't been able to find one to fit the base - is this a standard size or will I have to live with the shower curtain??

The house was built around 2012

IMG_4409.JPGIMG_4407.JPGIMG_4408.JPG

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to enclose a curved shower?

Hi @narragirl85 

Quite often curved shower systems are sold as a set with the tray included. This is because the curve of the shower door is custom set to the size of the tray. It's possible to buy a curved shower door, but there is no guarantee that the door will have the same curve as the the tray you currently have.

I propose upgrading your shower set to a square one like the Estilo 900 x 1830mm Chrome Semi Frameless Shower Screen along with an Estilo 900mm x 900mm 4 Lip Centre Rear Outlet Shower Base

The other option of course is to tile the floor completely and have no acrylic base at all. This will let you choose almost any type of shower enclosure.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Eric - is there an easy way to tell if the pan has been installed over tile?

I understand they're normally recessed slightly into the studs and floor, but I didn't want to risk removing the silicone and damaging the existing pan.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @narragirl85 

Unfortunately, the only way to find out if the base is recessed into the studs is to take the tiles off. But looking at your pictures it seems like the base is recessed as the lip of the base is quite low. 

The shower base is often glued to the stud and I don't think you'll be able to recycle it. However, you should be able to get a better idea when the tiles come off.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects