Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill nail holes in shower booth?

Jay3
Finding My Feet

How to fill nail holes in shower booth?

IMG_3682.jpeg

Hi everyone, 

My shower rail rack recently removed and now there are 2 holes on the tiles in my shower booth. I think I need water proof kinda material to prevent water leakage on the wall but not sure what is the best option in this case. Two holes are not that big, just usual screw size holes. Should I just use silicon to fill the holes?
Any advice would be great help! 

Thank you. 

Jay

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: How to fill nail holes in shower booth?

Good afternoon @Jay3 

Welcome to The Bunnings community page :smile:

Would you be able to take a photo of the area where the holes are? I have not had to fill in holes within a wet area before so will leave that information for the Bunnings knowledge base :smile:  Fairly confideant there will be a few solutions. Are the tiles that had the holes in them cracked in any kind of way and how big are the holes that you have are?

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Jay3 

Allow me to welcome you as well to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us and thank you for sharing your question about filling the holes in your tiles.

I suggest using PC-11 56g White Epoxy Paste. It's waterproof, non-toxic when cured and can be sanded down. Before applying the epoxy to the tile holes, please make sure that they are clean and dry. I recommend applying just enough so that you won't have to sand off too much. I also suggest feathering the edges of the epoxy so that it blends in with the tile surface. Please note that the epoxy's finish will be off white and will not match your tiles colour.

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when applying the epoxy.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jay3
Finding My Feet

Thank you for your reply Dave. I have added a photo of the wall. 

Cheers,

Jay3
Finding My Feet

Thanks, Eric,

Thank you for the recommendation. I already have silicon + gun though. Do you think using silicon is not ideal in this case? My worry is mostly about water leaks than cosmetic issues. For better understanding, I have added a photo. could you please have a look and give me advice regarding using silicon? 

Cheers

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Jay3 

The PC-11 56g White Epoxy Paste is waterproof and used to repair boats and swimming pools. But since you already have the silicone, that will work as well. The best way to spread the silicone is with a flat plastic edge. If you have an old library card or similar you can use it to go over the hole. If it is a wet area silicone, it should seal the hole nicely.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects