Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to find right sink for the vanity cupboard?

deepikaym
Just Starting Out

How to find right sink for the vanity cupboard?

Hi everyone,

We are planning to renovate our bathroom and started with buying vanity . We thought it is a package that comes with vanity storage+Sink , but it came only with storage cupboard.

I am sharing here the online bought vanity, can you please help me with finding the right sink for it.

First picture is vnaity brought online. Second one is what I found online the closest with one mixer tap.

I am attaching one of the sink which is the closest.

washbasin-vanity.jpegbasin.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to find right sink to the vanity cupboard

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @deepikaym. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about which vanity top is right for your cabinet.

Thank you for sharing pictures of your vanity cabinet. There are two options open to you when it comes to getting a top for your vanity cabinet. I recommend getting an actual measurement of your cabinet. I'm aware that measurements are stated on the picture, but we are after the measurement of the cabinet by itself. Once you have the measurements, I suggest visiting your local store and checking the Estilo 900mm White Polymarble Vanity Top 1TH and the Mondella Rococo 900mm Ceramic Vanity Basin With 1 Tap Hole to see if they are adequate for your vanity cabinet.

If you can't find one to your liking, I recommend using a SpecRite 2200 x 600 x 26mm Merbau Panel. You'll need to cut this down to the size that you'll need. It will need to be sealed with a Clear Varnish to protect it from moisture. I propose using a Mondella Concerto Gloss White Rectangular Above Counter Basin in conjunction with a Basin Mixer. It sounds like an exciting bathroom makeover, Any updates you can provide would be much appreciated. 

We look forward to seeing your bathroom vanity complete.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Eric,

Thank you for sharing all the individual products, those are really helpful.

However I have a question about the measurements, the vanity storage shows length 91.5 and width 47 but the this sink https://www.bunnings.com.au/mondella-rococo-900mm-ceramic-vanity-basin-with-1-tap-hole_p4844312 says width 905mm and length 465mm.

Am, I understanding this wrong?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

HI @deepikaym

You've read the measurements correctly. However, I suspect that the measurements indicated in your picture are of the vanity top and not the cabinet size. I encourage you to measure the cabinet that you have so that you can double-check the size of the vanity top against your cabinet. I believe that the vanity tops I've recommended could possibly work with your cabinet. 

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects