Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fit a Sandleford shower door seal?

Ed88
Just Starting Out

How to fit a Sandleford shower door seal?

Wanting to fit a Sandleford bottom shower door seal. Is close to floor and difficult to fit. Any tips appreciated 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: shower seal

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Ed88. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about the Sandleford shower door seal.

If you're finding it difficult to fit the seal, it's likely an indication that the door could be positioned too low. The height of shower doors can be set using the hinge in most cases. The installer probably set the door to the minimum lowest point if no seal was initially fitted. If you can take a picture of the gap, including a ruler showing the height you're working with, I trust our helpful members will be able to let you know if fitting the seal is possible.

Have you tried lubricating the bottom edge of the glass with a bit of dishwashing liquid and sliding the seal in from the edge of the door?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Have attached lower seal bought new from you guys today BUT the door could open inwards or outwards before and with the new seal fitted I can only open inwards. Also the small area behind pivot has to be fitted the opposite way as that portion swings outwards when pushing main part of door inwards. Does this style of seal need to be trimmed to allow in and out movement or did I choose the wrong type of seal? Sandleford model number SDS610.

Cheers Jeff 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Jeff55 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your shower seal.

I'm sorry to hear that the seal you purchased is not working properly. If you wish to exchange the seal, I suggest measuring the bottom gap of your shower door so that you can get one that is close to its measurement. Looking at the model you've chosen it appears that the front lip of the seal does appear to be quite long.

However, if the SDS610 is the one that fits, I recommend double checking your measurements if you are planning on trimming or modifying the seal.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects