Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a leaking Mondella semi frameless shower screen?

cg81
Just Starting Out

How to fix a leaking Mondella semi frameless shower screen?

hi we bought mondella 2000 x1200 x 900mm Matte Black semi frameless shower

I need some advice

Please see attached photo. there is gap at the bottom, between shower door and bottom frame. Due to this, when we have a shower, there is water leaking outside the shower

the mondella shower did not come with any sealsIMG-9593.jpgIMG-9587.jpgIMG-9586.jpg

Any advice or tips would be helpful

thanks

Re: How to fix a leaking Mondella semi frameless shower screen?

Same issue. Extremely disappointed.@MitchellMc

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kirst,

Sorry to hear you have the same issue. As per Mitch's comments, seals can be requested free of charge through spareparts@kineticsourcing.com.au or let us know and we can organise it on your behalf. 

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We trust you'll get loads of help and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our wonderful community members. We have clever and creative people sharing all manner of projects and advice on the site every day.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kirst
Finding My Feet

Hi,

Can you please private message me and send the seals to my home address?

Thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Kirst 

I've sent you a private message, if you can please provide me with your details, I'll be able to organize the seals for you.

Eric

sarahm1
Just Starting Out

Leaking Mondella semi frameless shower screen

I have also purchased a mondella semi frameless shower screen. I have emailed for the correct seals but have not had any response. Please contact me to organise to get the correct seals, very frustrating to purchase a shower without any usable seals.

Screenshot_20230407_152923_Samsung Internet.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Leaking Mondella semi frameless shower screen

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sarahm1

I apologise for the inconvenience.

I'll reach out via private message to get your details and follow up with Mondella.

Mitchell

Hello @MitchellMc  I wish we had have found/seen this site before purchasing the semi-frameless shower screen - we have the 1200x900.  We have been given the same T profile seal as Greenboy - no idea what to do with that.  Having read all of this thread, could you please arrange for us to be sent the correct seal(s) for this particular shower screen - also a seal that would go down between the door and the fixed wall glass: ordinarily these two parts would overlap each other (the door overlapping the solid wall glass), but as they only butt up against each other there is a small gap which can only leak water through it.  Not to mention to door that doesn't seal against the side panel??  Are there seals for that side too?  thank you. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @drom. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about shower seals.

It turns out the "T-profile seal" is actually just packaging. The seal for the bottom of the door can be requested free of charge through spareparts@kineticsourcing.com.au. Please include the model of your shower screen, that you are requesting door seals, your full name and a delivery address in the email.

How big is the gap on the side of the door, and do you have the shower head pointing directly at the door? If you are experiencing water leaking out the side of the door, it you be worth mentioning that when requesting your other seal.

Please let me know if you have any difficulties requesting your seal or have questions.

Mitchell

Thanks for your reply @MitchellMc, I have just sent them an email requesting the seals and any others that may assist around the door.  I will see how that goes?? (no, I don't have the shower head pointing at the door).  Cheers

I recieved two New Seals, A vertical one for Outer Door Edge, and One for the Bottom of Door. 
Seems to have done the trick. I assume they will update their product packaging accordingly. 
IMG_20230603_084753.jpgIMG_20230603_084548.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects