Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a leaking Mondella semi frameless shower screen?

cg81
Just Starting Out

How to fix a leaking Mondella semi frameless shower screen?

hi we bought mondella 2000 x1200 x 900mm Matte Black semi frameless shower

I need some advice

Please see attached photo. there is gap at the bottom, between shower door and bottom frame. Due to this, when we have a shower, there is water leaking outside the shower

the mondella shower did not come with any sealsIMG-9593.jpgIMG-9587.jpgIMG-9586.jpg

Any advice or tips would be helpful

thanks

cspencer
Just Starting Out

Re: How to fix a leaking Mondella semi frameless shower screen?

Dito...  recently installed a Mondella frameless shower screen from Bunnings (Rocklea Brisbane) and have the exact same issue with water leaking everywhere because no door seals were provided. 

Secondly and what really really concerns me is that the top of the frame doesn't seem to lock into the glass at the corner of the door opening. A slight bump on the frame pushes up which in turn allows the entire door itself to pop out of its top pivot hinge point and fall... It is completely unsafe and I won't allow my children to use it. 

I understand this is a budget unit but surely it must still be able to stop the water from entering the wider bathroom area and be safe to not to worry if the glass door is going to collapse on someone at any point. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @cspencer 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your shower set. In regards to the loose aluminium frame, I propose double checking the installation screws as it's possible that a locking screw might have been missed in the assembly process. Technically the frame should be secure and not allow the frame or door to come apart when bumped. 

In regards to the shower seals I recommend contacting spareparts@kineticsourcing.com.au direct and request for a set of seals. I also suggest contacting Mondella on the same email and informing them about the top of the frame where it doesn't seem to lock into the glass at the corner of the door opening. 

I also recommend sending photos of the frame lifting. It will give them a better idea of what's happening.

I suggest not using that shower for the meantime until it's repaired.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric  

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
cspencer
Just Starting Out

Hi @EricL thanks for the quick reply. For the seals, I did speak to Harry from Kinetic and he advised: "We did supply these seals free of charger however, i was informed just yesterday that no courier company will collect these seals anymore due to the extreme length of the seals, the couriers are being charged excessive fees for parcels over 1.8 meters in length resulting in them refusing to collect the seals.

I'm happy to pick up the seals from any Bunnings Brisban location. Can you please advise on this!

Secondly, with the framing issue, I suspect this is a design fault with these units as I don't see any way to stop the top rail from lifting. Anyways I made my own custom fix with a shower curtain rail to secure the top rail from lifting. Photo attached, but if you have a better solution I'd love to hear about it.

Cheers

Craigu2-bath-shower-issue.JPG

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @cspencer 

Thanks for sharing that photo of your shower. I'll give Kinetic a call tomorrow and find out what can be done about the seals.

In regards to your shower frame, I'll forward that photo to Kinetic as well so that they can see what's happening. I'll get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @cspencer 

My apologies for the late reply. Allow me to contact you through private messaging so that I can offer you further assistance.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects