Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a leaking Mondella semi frameless shower screen?

cg81
Just Starting Out

How to fix a leaking Mondella semi frameless shower screen?

hi we bought mondella 2000 x1200 x 900mm Matte Black semi frameless shower

I need some advice

Please see attached photo. there is gap at the bottom, between shower door and bottom frame. Due to this, when we have a shower, there is water leaking outside the shower

the mondella shower did not come with any sealsIMG-9593.jpgIMG-9587.jpgIMG-9586.jpg

Any advice or tips would be helpful

thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix a leaking Mondella semi frameless shower screen?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @cg81. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about sealing a leaking door panel.

The easiest solution might be to fit either a 6mm or 10mm shower seal strip. You need to measure the thickness of your shower door panel and select the correct strip. It can then be cut down to fit the door and secured in place with some Clear Wet Area Silicone

I'll reach out via Private Message to get details of your closest store. I'd like to see how we can assist with fixing this issue.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

thanks Mitchell

I already brought the seal and tried to fix it, 

because the door swivels in and out , the seals keeps on touching the bottom frame and comes off

happy for you provide a solution to that 

OR alternatively

is there way to lower the shower screen, the whole idea we bought a semi frameless shower was to avoid having seals?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I'd recommend glueing the seal on with silicone @cg81.

The hinge on the bottom governs the height of the door. There needs to be some gap to accommodate the hinge. Even frameless units with hinges on the side of the door panel still need a clearance gap at the bottom above the tiles. 

I just wanted to check as it's hard to tell from your images, but is there an even gap around the whole door panel? It hasn't been installed cocked at an angle that exaggerates the gap on the none hinge side?

Mitchell

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @cg81,

I've made contact with the team at Bunnings Taylors Lakes. The Coordinator Jed and Plumbing Expert Claudio are very keen to resolve this issue for you. When you're next available, please head into the store and speak to either of them. Claudio is in-store Sun-Wed.

Please keep us updated and reach out again if you have further issues.

Mitchell

We are having the same problem and I don’t understand why it doesn’t come with any seals?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @bejakish

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining the discussion.

Have you tried to install your own set of shower seal strips at the bottom of your shower door? Would it be possible for you to post a photo of your shower set and its model number? This will allow our members to assess the position of the shower door. We can then make recommendations on how to proceed. 

I'm not sure of the reasons for the lack of a door seal. But rest assured that we will be bringing this to the attention of our merchandise team and suppliers.

If you need assistance posting the pictures, please let us know.

Eric

HeatherH
Just Starting Out

Hello

We also.have a semi framelss shower. We have a strip at the bottom, but we are having a problem with water escaoing between the door and small pane of glass. Do you thinknwe could put one of the stips there to stop the water escaping. I really wishbwe didn't choose this style, but have to try and solve the issue.

Thanks so very much

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @HeatherH. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about sealing a shower door.

You could certainly attach a shower seal strip to that edge. This Sandelford 10 x 2200mm Shower Seal Strip is long enough to span that entire edge. Applying some Clear Wet Area Silicone to the edge of the glass panel before pushing the seal on will ensure it doesn't come off.

Please let us know how you go and if you have further questions.

Mitchell

Yes, these showers are supposed to be semi frameless, but are built similar to frameless showers where you need these ugly seals. These mondella showers should be taken off your shelves as they are pointless. TERRIBLE product. Even if you use the seals, you will have to only open the door inwards (then try closing it while you are in there....can't).

Bunnings told me that they only have the F style seal and not the necessary H style for doors opening outwards (F work for opening inwards), then tell me to special order them in and could take 2 weeks. How about YOU (BUNNINGS) special order them in and as a courtesy to customers (and cost back to mondella).

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects