Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a leaking connection from washing machine drain hose?

sarahlo
Getting Established

How to fix a leaking connection from washing machine drain hose?

721F69FF-2CE6-4E8B-9171-9455D4E5BE16.jpeg

Hi everyone! I’ve always had top loaders but I had to move house (rental being sold) and this laundry in this new place could only accommodate a front loader.  Bought one yesterday and upon using it, it is leaking from the nipple connection.  I can’t see any other way to connect this hose.  Should I just tape it or get a longer hose as it’s pulling a bit.  I can’t modify it as it’s a rental, it just doesn’t seem like the right connection.  Thankyou! 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Leaking connection - drain hose

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sarahlo. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about connecting a washing machine waste.

You need a clamp on that hose to prevent leaking, and this Prime 22-38mm Solid Butterfly Screw Band Hose Clamp should be just about right. Just slip the clamp over your hose, push the hose back onto the barb, and position the clamp so it is over both the hose and the barb. Once you've tightened the clamp, it should stop the leak and prevent the hose from blowing off completely.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thankyou so much I’ll go get one today 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let us know if you need further assistance @sarahlo.

Jason

This has worked so far no leak thanks so much! 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That's great to hear, @sarahlo! Thanks so much for coming back and letting us know that the solution worked for you.

Please remember that we are always here to assist with any projects you have going on around the home. Give us a shout any time you need help or have something to share.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects