Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a leaking washing machine hose?

Mo2
Growing in Experience

How to fix a leaking washing machine hose?

F58223F5-231F-4FD0-85F7-9F66C5672FEF.jpeg

Hi there. Would be really nice if can get assistance for leaking washing machine hose from the point it’s connected with Tap. 

Thanks in advance. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix the leaking washing machine hose

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Mo2. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about a leaking washing machine hose.

Is this a new hose you've fitted or one that has just started leaking recently? Typically there is a flat washer inside the maroon section that stops the water leaking. The washer is either leaking or missing completely, or the fitting hasn't been tightened adequately. I suggest you try and tighten the fitting, and if that doesn't work, turn the tap off and unscrew the fitting to check the internal flat washer for damage. If it's damaged, replace it with a new nut washer, or if it appears undamaged, then a few wraps of thread tape on the exposed threads could resolve the issue. However, I can see water on top of the nut fitting, which indicates that the internal washer is damaged or the fitting hasn't been tightened enough.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Mo2
Growing in Experience

Thanks @MitchellMc for your response. 

There was no washer and I have places one as you recommended but still there is a dripping. 

I think the maroon part is bit weary from inside and may be need replacement. 

Appreciate your insight

image.jpg

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Did you try tightening the maroon part up with a set of multigrip pliers or a pipe wrench @Mo2? It might just need to be tightened slightly more than you can by hand. However, a crack in the plastic wall would leak as you've shown. These cracks often occur if you over-tighten the fitting with tools.

If that doesn't work, a new washing machine hose might be the easiest option.

Mitchell

Mo2
Growing in Experience

Hi @MitchellMc thanks for your help. Changing the hose has worked. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That's great to hear, @Mo2. Well done!

Please reach out anytime you need assistance with a project around the home or garden; we're here to help.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects