Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix cracked shower base?

JQJ
Just Starting Out

How to fix cracked shower base?

Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 1.09.30 pm.pngHi there,

Recently we found the shower base cracked, we want to know how repair or replace it.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix cracked shower base?

Hello @JQJ

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about how to repair your shower tray.

Unfortunately, when the crack is this extensive it will need to be replaced. I suggest measuring the size of your current tray and checking out the available trays at the store. I also recommend getting some bathroom repair quotes for the removal and re-installation of the shower assembly.  

But while you are waiting for your repair quotes, I suggest using Selleys 100g Translucent Ezi Press Roof and Gutter Silicone Sealant. You will have to use a Pro Renovator 38mm Plastic Scraper to create a low-level patch over the crack. Make sure to push the silicone into the crack so that it is completely sealed. Please be aware that this is a temporary repair measure, and this repair will not last very long. I recommend replacing the tray as soon as possible. 

Please make sure to give the silicone sealant enough time to cure and make sure that the area is well ventilated. 

If you have any other questions we can help you with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JQJ
Just Starting Out

Thanks so much Eric,

Maybe I will replace it, do you know someone can do right job about this removal and re-installation of the shower base.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @JQJ

Unfortunately, the store only does full bathroom renovations and in order to get a quote for that, you'll need to speak to your store's in-store kitchen expert. They will be able to guide you on the steps needed to get a quote. Please make sure to bring pictures of your bathroom and its dimensions. 

However, you can also post the job on either Airtasker or Hipages to get a quote for just the shower area. Just make sure that they are registered plumbers and have good references. My number one tip to get good quotes is to make sure to put in as much detail as you can about the job. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects