Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix leaking toilet ?

Kronxi
Just Starting Out

How to fix leaking toilet ?

Hello everyone,

Does anybody know what kind of toliet system this is and how to fix the problem of it slowly leaking/draining ? The initial problem was that the stored flushing water was very slowly leaking which it would constantly make sounds and refill, but now that I fiddled with it, it's just constantly running toliet water which I had to close the valve. If anyone can be any assitance would be greatly appreciated. 

20240515_121659.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix leaking toliet ?

Hello @Kronxi 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your leaking toilet.

It sounds like you need to change the outlet valves washer. The flushing unit you are looking at is called the Geberit Impuls 280 Dual Flush outlet valve. In the middle of the flushing assembly is a release clip on each side that you need to push that will detach the entire assembly and allow you to pull it out.

Once you have taken it out, I suggest replacing the old flushing washer with the Kinetic 65mm Geberit Washer. This is a compatible washer with your Geberit valve.

To re-assemble it, simply line it up the way you pulled it out and make sure it clicks back into place. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to fix leaking toliet ?

Hi @Kronxi,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. I trust you found Eric's reply useful and you get loads of help and inspiration for all your home improvement projects in the future from our wonderful members.

I just thought I'd add that we have a step-by-step guide How to fix a leaking toilet that you should find useful.

Feel free to post again if you need further assistance. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects