Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix shower door that won't close?

lavanyap
Just Starting Out

How to fix shower door that won't close?

Hi i am unable to close or open the shower door. I need to lift the door a bit up and then close. Need to follow same technique to open. Lifting up is real hard. Below is the bottom part of shower door

IMG_20240321_162727.jpg

 Upper part of shower- 

IMG_20240321_110052.jpg

I am looking for a way to fix it. One thing I found was on my other shower door there was a black bush kind of thing which is missing in ensuite shower ( the door that has issue)

IMG-20240412-WA0022.jpg

Any suggestion is highly appreciated. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: unable to close the shower door

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @lavanyap. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about a stuck shower door.

First of all I would advise not forcing the door as glass panels can break exceptionally easily if force is applied to them. Also, whilst doing any work to them or around them, it's important to wear PPE, including safety goggles, cut-resistant gloves, a long-sleeved shirt, pants and enclosed footwear.

If the two shower door systems are the same, and one has the black bushing and the other doesn't, then that sounds like it could be a reason you're having the issue. When you say you cannot close or open the door, is that in any position? As in, is the hinge not working or is the door catching on the lower track and obstructing it from moving?

Unfortunately, given each manufacturer of shower doors has a different hinge system and way of mounting their doors, there is no easy fix I could suggest. Unless you can identify an issue that can be repaired, then you might have to enlist the services of a professional who deals specifically with semi-frameless shower screen installations

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for the reply Mitchell.. The issue is door catching on the lower track

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @lavanyap,

If you can find a serial number or brand name somewhere on the shower screen indicating the manufacturer, it may be possible to order a spare part. 

Outside of this advice, like @MitchellMc has stated earlier, this may be a job for a professional who has experience fixing shower screens.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

I just see the name 'crystal' on the shower frame. Don't see any serial number as such

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @lavanyap,

Unfortunately, if you can't decipher the manufacturer to acquire spare parts, due to their proprietary nature, you'll likely need to look at replacing the door and frame. We have a range of semi-frameless shower screens and I'd recommend you seek professional assistance with their installation.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects