Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix toilet water tank not filling?

josh1011
Just Starting Out

How to fix toilet water tank not filling?

Hi,

Since yesterday, both of my toilet flush water tanks have stopped working. Water is not getting filled in the flush water tanks.

Surprisingly, unsure how both of them got affected on the same day. Rest of the water supply in the bathroom is working fine.flush tank.jpg

Can you please suggest what I need to do? They seem to be CAROMA fitted parts in flush tank.

Cheers,

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix toilet water tank not filling?

Hello @josh1011 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your toilets water tank.

It is quite peculiar that both the inlet valves of your toilets should fail at the same time. I propose testing the toilet inlet taps first to eliminate them as a point of failure. If water does not go through the inlet taps, they will need to be replaced. If the taps pass inspection, then odds are the inlet valve has failed. There is always the option of repairing the inlet valve, but I recommend replacing it if it is already several years old.  

I suggest having a quick look at this guide - How to fix a leaking toilet. It will give you a general idea of how to service your toilet suite. If water is entering the tank but is not filling up it's likely that the flush valve seal has broken. The symptoms will be a constant flushing noise and water entering your bowl. But once those parts are fixed your toilet should work normally again.  

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects