Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hang mirror on tiled wall

katebnz
Finding My Feet

How to hang mirror on tiled wall

Hi All

I’m after some advice on what anchors/screws to buy to hang this mirror on my bathroom tiled wall. 

It didn’t come with anchors / plugs or screws despite coming with a handout showing them. 

I can drill into grout lines instead of into middle of tiles to minimise risk of cracking tile, but unsure of type and size of screws to buy.

Can anyone tell me?

Thanks in advance. Kate 

AE42CB9B-523A-4144-B9FE-D4D100DA11F1.jpeg

D5C0F8E3-D83C-4005-80D5-FA3279B40290.jpeg

34FD7EBE-D71E-4707-8713-CEFD5916AC99.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to hang mirror on tiled wall

Hi @katebnz,

Initially, you'll need to take the mirror with you to a Bunnings store and find a screw which the head will fit into the red hole I've marked below. You'll then need to pick up the corresponding wall plug to suit the screw. A team member will be able to assist you with this process. Next, it's off to the tool shop to grab a tile drill bit that is the correct size for the wall plug.

You might be able to drill two of the holes into the grout lines but the third is unlikely to fall on one also. I'd encourage you to drill all the holes in the tiles as you might find there is a higher chance of cracking the tiles from drilling into the grout. This is because the wall plug is likely thicker than your grout line and you'll be partially drilling into the edge of the tiles where they are brittle.

You'll need to take some very accurate measurements between the holes before transferring them to the wall if a stencil was not included. 

Please let me know if you need further information or had any questions.

Mitchell

Mount.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to hang mirror on tiled wall

Hi @katebnz,

I was just checking in to see how you're getting on with hanging the mirror. Did you manage to hang it successfully?

Please let me know if you've had any issues or require further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects