Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hide pipes on a small floating sink in the toilet?

LeeA2569
Just Starting Out

How to hide pipes on a small floating sink in the toilet?

hi there, just wanting some ideas on how to hide these pipes without using cloth material

toilet pipes.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to hide pipes on a small floating sink in the toilet?

Hi @LeeA2569,

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're thrilled to have you join us and look forward to reading all about your projects and plans. We trust you'll get loads of inspiration and advice from our clever and creative community members.

My immediate thought about your question is whether you have room for a small bathroom vanity? You might like to share the dimensions of the room or a small sketch so we can better see what you are working with.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
LeeA2569
Just Starting Out

Thanks Jason. I’m glade I joined. I’ll need something with these dimensions, which I don’t think are very big at all. 43cmW x 70cmH x 20cmD. Thinking of creating a C shaped cover I can just slide into place. Want to do it on a small budget too. Any thoughts 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @LeeA2569,

The vanity @Jason linked to is very close, only slightly taller, so it could be a good match. 400mm W x 220mm D x 840mm H. I installed a vanity slightly larger than this over my weekend, as the previous one had exposed pipes and was really old. It looks fantastic.

Alternatively, you could get creative with timber and box them in somehow. Perhaps create an area to store toilet rolls? To create a C shape on a budget, I'd suggest using MDF and painting it thoroughly as it doesn't like wet environments. If you take your sizes with you, the team in-store can cut the pieces for you.

Mitchell

That’s great advice thanks Mitchell. 

brendawebster44
Making a Splash

I am no expert in diy but I can’t stand pipes or wires ie. Tv wires . I would build a small vanity around the sink move the toilet roll holder and think about putting the toilet paper in a triangle box as seen in a previous post.If you don’t want to drill holes in the wall for a new toilet paper holder Bunnings sell suction holders that are amazing.. good luck brenda

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @LeeA2569 

Thank you so much for putting up the measurements. I've made a few sketches of your proposed cover. I've also modified them so that you can get a little bit of extra storage for your vanity cover. I suggest CustomWood MDF 1200 x 900 x 16mm Standard MDF Panel. I've placed a cutting pattern at the bottom but please double-check the measurements as I've placed the thickness of the MDF at 18mm instead of 16mm. I recommend using Zenith 8 - 10 x 60mm Galvanised Countersunk Rib Head External Timber Screws - 15 Pack. Paint it with Taubmans 500ml White Sample Pot.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your pipe cover assembled and ready to go.

Eric

Lee's vanity1.jpgLee's vanity2.jpgLee's vanity3.jpgLee's vanity4.jpgLee's vanity5.jpgLee's vanity6.jpg

Lee's vanity7.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects