Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to improve the look of laundry tub and cabinet?

NataliaM
Getting Established

How to improve the look of laundry tub and cabinet?

Firstly I just wanted to thank everyone for being so helpful. The comments on my last few posts have been fantastic. I am looking into my options for improving the look of our laundry tub and cabinet. I would prefer not to replace it and just to resurface it if I can. It looks as though someone has already once had a go at paint the external side edge. Can anyone suggest any options and products I could use? Thanks F16B58EB-8456-45EB-A45F-C754BE1F1ABE.jpeg

0D17F1C3-F972-459C-B94C-80DF3D1B4FE2.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: improving look of laundry tub and cabinet

Hi @NataliaM

Have you tried an abrasive cleaner like Gumption Paste 750g Multipurpose Cleaner on the plastic tub insert? My wife and I have been using it on a multitude of stubborn stains around the house lately and it seems to be a bit of a miracle product.

If you rub back the whole cabinet with some 120 grit sandpaper you could recoat it with White Knight Rust Guard 310g Gloss White Epoxy Enamel Spray Paint. You don't need to sand the current paint off, just rough it up which will assist the new paint in sticking to it.

It might be worth considering replacing it in the future with a new tub. It would be a relatively easy installation as there is nothing restricting access and it would just need the drainage pipe hooked up.

Let me mention @prettyliving to see if there were any unique ways she can think of to improve the look.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects