Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install Flatpax kickboard?

cindyh68
Cultivating a Following

How to install Flatpax kickboard?

Been looking for some extra tips for installation of these, on both Flatpax and Kaboodle sites.  It appears the clips are not that strong and the kickboard is flimsy and could easily be dislodged after installation.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Flatpax Kickboard

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @cindyh68. It's wonderful to have you join us and many thanks for your question about installing kickboards.

Have you had any issues after installing the kickboards or is this a preemptive investigation? The method of connecting the kickboards is fairly standard and has been used successfully for some time now. I haven't personally come across any issues where the kickboards have become dislodged and am of the opinion that your installation will be long lasting.

I would say that the screws are doing most of the fixing and are what prevent the kickboard from being dislodged. The clips are just used to locate the panel prior to fixing it with screws. If you haven't already seen it, I'll include the Kaboodle installation video for kickboards below. At 1:36 you'll see them place the screw through the bottom of the carcass and into the top of the kickboard.    

I'd be concerned whether the clips would hold without the screws, but in combination, you shouldn't have any issues.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
cindyh68
Cultivating a Following

Thanks Mitchell

I asked Q at installation, therefore where are all the extra vinyl dot stickers to cover all the additional drill holes?  We are short approx 70+ larger vinyl dots also.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @cindyh68,

I apologise for the missing vinyl dots. If you are missing part of your order I'd suggest giving the Special Orders team at your local store a quick call to let them know. We have the Kaboodle Stick On Kitchen Screw Caps - 100 Pack in-store, so hopefully, they'll be able to provide a pack of those for you.

Please let me know if you have any issues acquiring them.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects