Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a bidet for in-wall cistern toilet?

daven25
Growing in Experience

How to install a bidet for in-wall cistern toilet?

https://www.bunnings.com.au/evekare-smart-bidet-toilet-seat-with-remote_p0344202?

Interested in that bidet unit you sell but we have a narrow bathroom with an in-wall cistern and no visible plumbing anywhere including under the toilet. Also no handy tap or powerpoint next to it. We moved into a new place so we don't know about what's behind the wall or behind the flush button panel. I'm thinking there are too many problems and associated expenses with my dream of installing a bidet. Thoughts?

1709961936715.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bidet for in-wall cistern toilet

Hi @daven25,

That would definitely be a call to a plumber and an electrician. They'll have to install a water and electrical outlet for that particular unit.

Expense-wise, it really comes down to how badly you want the bidet. After owning a non-powered version for six months now, I'd have to say they are well worth the trouble. I guess it comes down to how easy it is for the electrician and plumber to access water and power behind the tiles. It would certainly be worth having a couple of quotes done so you can assess.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
daven25
Growing in Experience

Thanks Mitchel,

Out of interest, what's your non-powered version?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects