Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install and clean wet wall panels?

Helen7
Just Starting Out

How to install and clean wet wall panels?

Hi!  I previously had my tiles painted, but it started to peel off.  I have now decided to install wet wall panels which I will purchase from Bunnings which are the white tiled ones.  A few questions if you dont mind.  What is the best cleaning product to use for the tiles?  Do you have to sand the tiles before installing the wet walls? If so, what grit do you use?  Does anyone know a good tradie to do this job for me?

Thanks

JacobZ95
Growing in Experience

Re: How to install and clean wet wall panels?

Hi @Helen7,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop Community!

Is the plan to install the wet area panel over the top of the tiles?

If this is the case, you’d want to remove all of the existing paint using something like the Trojan 6 in 1 Multi Paint Scraper prior to installation of the wet area panelling. 

While Bunnings do offer splashback installation services through the special orders desk, I am not 100% certain of the particulars. I would suggest contacting your local store, asking for the special orders desk, and enquiring about the installation services available in your area. 

Hope this helps,

Jacob

Thanks Jacob,  

Yes, i want to install the wet wall panels over the existing tiles.  I have already stripped the paint off, and the tiles have been sanded by the previous handyman before they were painted with renovation paint.  Do I still use the product you suggested to clean them?  I have already asked the special orders desk about installation and they dont have any installers so have to find my own.pic on its side (what both walls look like now)pic on its side (what both walls look like now)

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Helen7 

Even though the tiles have been sanded by the previous handyman, I still suggest sanding it once more as the channels that were created is now full of paint. Sanding it over will clear some of the channels and create new ones for the adhesive to anchor onto.

I suggest posting the job on either Airtasker or Hipages. Make sure to put in as much detail as possible so that you'll get an early response. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects