Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install bathroom wall mirror

JakeC
Just Starting Out

How to install bathroom wall mirror

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping that someone would be able to help me install a mirror on my bathroom wall tiles with noggins inside the wall. The mirror is 80cm x 92 cm (WxH) with some plastic brackets. I just do not know what screws, anchors, and drill bit to buy. If someone could help me, it would be much appreciated. I have attached photos of the wall, mirror, and brackets.

16064292520074992276035824541361.jpg

16064292847377106098056533391207.jpg

16064293315782532052458729673870.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install bathroom wall mirror

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @JakeC. It's terrific to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Are you fixing the brackets into the tiles or are you screwing them into the timber studs/noggins?

If you are attempting to fix them into the tiles I would suggest a kit like STAHL Masonry Kit 8mm Drill With 50mm Blue Wall Plugs but purchase a Sutton Tools 8.0mm Glass And Tile Drill Bit. If you are fixing to the timber frame or noggins (which I would prefer you do) then you could use something similar to Zenith 10G x 60mm Zinc Plated Hinge-Long Thread Timber Screws - 50 Pack.

I'd suggest you take the black mount into a store to assist a helpful team member in selecting the correct products for you. You might like to also enquire about options for just sticking the mirror on as is commonly done.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell, 

Thanks for being helpful.

I am planning to fix it to the noggins inside the wall. I believe I have to pre-drill a hole in the wall before I can use a timber screw? If yes, what type of drill bit? Should it be of similar size to the screw diameter?

Thanks again.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@JakeC,

You'll be using a tile drill bit which is slightly larger than the shank of the screw. You'll want to run this drill bit at a relatively slow speed and have someone mist the tile with water whilst you drill through it. This keeps the bit cool and helps prevents it from becoming dull.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects