Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install wet wall panels?

KarenS
Just Starting Out

How to install wet wall panels?

I purchased wet wall panels and didn't condition them before installation. Also they weren't laid flat in storage but on the side. When installing them I used appropriate glue but the top and bottom kept popping out. I have braced the panel with wood and will leave it to dry for a few days. The panel didn't get wet and was in a dry place in storage. Do you think this will be ok?

17071034269817703182869261349159.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install wet wall panels?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @KarenS. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Wall Art panels.

The pre-installation guidelines are really there to try and negate the issue you're currently experiencing. Unfortunately, I can't determine whether this will be fine, but as long as the board has been braced sufficiently and you've gone through the process of tapping it down with a timber block to ensure the panel is bedded, then it will likely be fine. Double-check that all four corners have no flex to the sheet and that it's pushed back hard against the wall. If not, tape it back or get some more braces in there to push it into the correct position.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects