Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to lift a stacked washer and dryer?

missie
Finding My Feet

How to lift a stacked washer and dryer?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Recently bought cabinet to put under the washer and dryer for some height and extra storage. 

however I have no idea how to get it under the stacked washer and dryer that seems to heavy to lift. It’s in a confined space 

any help or suggestions pls 

image.jpg

image.jpg

TheRenoDad
Having an Impact

Re: How to lift a stacked washer and dryer?

Hi @missie 

Welcome to the Workshop Community!

Apologies if I am pointing out a conclusion that you have already arrived at.

The only safest and possible way to achieve this is to down stack both appliances with a two person lift.

From there place the assembled cabinet down on the floor and stack both the appliances back on top.

Cheers,

Luke | @TheRenoDad 

Post may contain sponsored content

Thank you so much. 

Yes have though of this, but just with it being heavy and also doing this for my elderly parents, no much man power. 

Additionally I am also unsure if there is anything I need to disconnect prior to doing this? 

No worries 😊

The washer will need the hot water and cold water hoses disconnected from behind the appliance.

Both will also require the power plug unplugged. Safest to switch the power of at the mains when doing this.

It will also help to disconnect these once they are partly away from the wall.

Cheers,

Luke | @TheRenoDad 

Post may contain sponsored content
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @missie

Allow me to welcome you as well to the Bunnings Workshop community, It's sensational to have you join us and thank you for sharing your question about lifting a stacked washer and dryer.

It's fantastic that you've received comprehensive advice from @TheRenoDad. Just to add to the suggestions made, is there any chance you can perhaps enlist the aid of a neighbour to lift the machines? Do you have any mates that are willing to lift this for you in exchange for some light refreshments? Failing that, I can only suggest posting the job on Airtasker or a similar service.

However, before you proceed, I suggest having a good look at the weight rating on the cabinet if it is capable of holding both the washer and dryer. If it is then there is nothing to worry about, but if it only says washer only, placing both machines on the cabinet will void its warranty.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects