Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to paint a Marbletrend shower base?

Stewie
Just Starting Out

How to paint a Marbletrend shower base?

Hi .

i am in the process of revamping the shower room.

The shower base Is made by Marbletrend i assume it is an acrylic type.

could you please advise me of the primer and top coat(white) that is recommended for this base.

thankyou

regards

stewie 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Marbletrend shower base

Hello @Stewie

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about revamping your bathroom's shower base.

Unfortunately, the only trays which can be painted with our products are enamel-coated steel. Conditions such as extreme changes in water temperature, submersion, and a flexing surface, make paint adhesion very hard on acrylic or fibreglass trays. You will need to use a type of epoxy system that will work in those conditions I've mentioned. I recommend engaging the services of a professional acrylic resurfacing professional.

If the tray is still in good condition, you could always try to cut and polish the surface of the acrylic tray. I suggest using Gumption Paste 750g Multipurpose Cleaner it's an abrasive cleaner that will cut the acrylic surface. Once you've cleaned off the stains, I suggest using  Autosol 75ml Acrylic Polish to bring back the shine. However, please note that some stains may have penetrated the acrylic surface to an extent that even a cut and polish will not work.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects