Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to paint tiles?

Rosie01
Just Starting Out

How to paint tiles?

Hi what is the best way to paint these small tiles in bathrooms, keeping white tiles just the trim. Thanks

20210831_105449.jpg

20210831_105504.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to paint tiles?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Rosie01. It's brilliant that you've joined us and many thanks for your question about painting tiles.

I'd suggest using the Rust-Oleum Tile Transformations Coating System to paint your tiles in a shower recess. Recently @Chris_T showed us the truly amazing result they achieved using this product in their discussion about shower tile painting using Rust-Oleum.

Following the cleaning and application process is key to getting a fantastic result. I've highlighted some important points below, but a full description can be found in the technical data sheet and on the packaging.

• Clean all surfaces thoroughly with a multi-purpose cleaner. Bleach is not recommended. Clean all grout lines with a stiff brush.

• There is a packet of cleaner included in this kit. Dampen the included scrub pad and sprinkle the cleaner over it. Scrub the entire shower stall to remove mould, dirt and soap scum. Thoroughly rinse down the area, ensuring all residue is gone. Repeat the cleaning until the tiles feel clean and have a smooth surface.

• Remove all silicone caulking inside the stall as the product will not adhere to it. This can be replaced after the painting is completed. Ensure you pay particular attention to any areas where the silicone could be smeared onto the tiles.

• Inspect the grout between the tiles for any cracks, chips or holes. Repair grout first by re-grouting severely damaged areas.

• Once cleaned, repaired and dried, remove any moveable fixtures. You can then tape off any adjacent walls with painter's tape.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I can't wait to see your results.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects