Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to plan a laundry renovation?

Jeanii
Just Starting Out

How to plan a laundry renovation?

Hi everyone, 

New to renovating and looking for some pointers on where to start with my abomination of a laundry in the villa I've just bought. I've posted a pic of what I have, and another couple showing the sort of thing I want (ish). The door to the left is a cupboard and the one to the right goes to the backyard. I don't want to knock down walls, but just fix the space. Including removing/replacing floor tiles, a new sink, better tap ware and overhead cupboards. The pic is at a weird angle, but the space is enough for a washer with a dryer stacked on top with a smallish trough to the side. 

Can someone walk me through how to go about this from start to finish? What order to do things in? I'd prefer to use tradies for planning and installation rather than doing things myself. Is Kaboodle a good option? What would the rough cost be if I did it fairly cheaply but not enough so that it's a rubbish job? 

Thanks :smile: Laundry-Room-Makeover-1a977bdd24184d1582ea78380c76d25a.jpeglaundry.jpegLUX_NORTHBEACH_002_small.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Laundry reno SOS!

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jeanii. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about laundry renovation.

I think you could achieve a great result on a reasonable budget. For the floor, I'd suggest you install Hybrid Vinyl Floorboards. They'll provide a fantastic look and save a ton of money on retiling. They're easy to install straight over the tiles, and you can do it yourself if you're so inclined. Here's a helpful guide: How to lay vinyl plank flooring.

Next, I'd paint those border wall tiles or remove them. Painting would likely be the easier option.

You'll then be able to have your cabinetry installed. I can assemble a design for you if you can provide the distance across the space. Once we have that, you'll be closer to the total cost. Kaboodle is a great option, though if budget is a consideration, you could use Flatpax cabinetry.

Once the cabinets are in, you can tile your splashback.

Here's a helpful guide: How to plan a laundry renovation. Also, here are our Top 10 most popular laundry renovations for inspiration.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects