Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove chemical stain from chrome-finish bathroom tap?

ArtNattakit
Just Starting Out

How to remove chemical stain from chrome-finish bathroom tap?

Dear Bunnings community fellow,

I have a problem with my chrome finish bathroom tap.

We hired carpet cleaner and somehow, we believed that the carpet cleaning solution is touched with our bathroom equipment and caused black water-like stain. It cannot we wiped off. We tried to scrub it off with some cleaning paste that has mild abrasive. Looks a little bit better but it took so long.

Was wondering if there are any proper cleaning chemical or solution to remove this stain?

Thank you for all of your answer in advance.

Cheers.

P.S. We are not sure of the type of carpet cleaning chemical used.

28327_0.jpg28328_0.jpg28329_0.jpg28326_0.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove chemical stain from chrome-finish bathroom tap?

Hello @ArtNattakit 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about removing the chemical stain on your chrome bathroom fixings.

I'm sorry to hear about the chemical damage on your tapware. Would you happen to have kept the docket when you hired the machine? You can ask the company that hired out the machine what chemical came with the carpet cleaner. 

Allow me to make a few inquiries with our supplier and see if they have any recommendations regarding chemical staining on chrome. As soon as I have more information, I'll get back to you.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove chemical stain from chrome-finish bathroom tap?

Hello @ArtNattakit 

The Abey technical team have asked me if you could please forward the photos to this email address warranty@abey.com.au. Can you also please include a description of how the staining occurred. The technical team will will have a good look at what happened to the chrome finish, and they will make a determination if anything can be done to repair it.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects