Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove drawer that doesn't have little catch on runner?

jjk131313
Just Starting Out

How to remove drawer that doesn't have little catch on runner?

image.jpg

image.jpg

 How do I remove pot drawer? Others I’ve installed have a little latch to lift but these have none. Kaboodle installed 2019

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove drawer that doesn't have little catch on runner

Hello @jjk131313 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about your drawer runner.

Is that the full extension of the drawer? If it is, the release clip of the older drawer runners are sometimes hidden in the runner itself. See if you can find a little window in the steel runner with a plastic clip in the middle. Should you find one, it needs to be either pushed up or down to release the runner.

Another possible spot is the interior third rail of the runner. You'll notice that the runner has a hidden third rail that is close to the cabinet. Look carefully and see if you can find a release latch hidden in the runner.

Can I also please request for a closer photo of the entire runner fully extended. This will give our members a chance to assess the mechanism. We can then make recommendations on how to proceed.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

IMG_9922.jpeg

 thanks Eric. Pic of full runner attached

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @jjk131313 

I suspect that it is that little pin that is sticking out in the middle of the drawer runner. You might need to push, pull or twist the pin in order to get it to release. The only other way is to unscrew the drawer box from the drawer runners. 

Let me call on our experienced members @TedBear, @homeinmelbourne and @Nailbag for their recommendations.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Nailbag
Making a Splash

Re: How to remove drawer that doesn't have little catch on runner?

I’m with @EricL mate that tab should move in some direction to release the drawer as the runners would have to have been fitted first then the drawer fitted. There should be a matching tab on the other side. 

It should be possible to remove all the runner screws as they become exposed at various extension of length. There will most likely be a couple on the bottom. But since you know it’s Kaboodle, I would give them a call as they have a very helpful support service. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects