Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove shower water outlet head?

lb8953
Just Starting Out

How to remove shower water outlet head?

Hi there,

I’m trying to replace my shower water head thing that attaches to the shower hose and the wall, but I’ve tried twisting it off and it’s not budging. How should I remove this? Remove the silicone/caulking or just keep trying to twist? Thanks!

D1F950A7-B995-4761-A321-D3F2DE916F63.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to remove shower water outlet head?

Sorry for the slow reply @lb8953. Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts will assist you as soon as possible.

I assume you don't know any details about the fitting, such as the manufacturer?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove shower water outlet head?

Hello @lb8953 

My apologies for the late reply. I suggest looking over the back of the assembly and see if you can find a small grub screw hole. If you find one, you'll need an Allen key to remove the grub screw holding the spout in place. If you plan on recycling the spout please keep the grub screw in a safe place.

Another method is to push the spout to the wall and twist it to the left. It could possibly be a push to lock fitting. If neither technique works, I suggest engaging the services of a registered plumber. They will have the tools and experience to remove the spout. 

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing the spout removed.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects