Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove spa bath?

robpa
Just Starting Out

How to remove spa bath?

what is the best to use cutting around the edges of fibreglass spa bath

a circular saw or angle grinder or any other tool?

regards Robpa

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: how to remove spa bath

Good Evening @robpa 

That is a question I have thought of for awhile. I have an external spa that I intend to heat via a dutch spa type deal. If it dosnt work then I may chop it up as well, hence how to cut it. I have thought a grinder with a fine cutting blade but as I was thinking of your question maybe a saber saw would work as well with less fumes? It would come down to how tidy a cut you may want. How about a jigsaw if you want a certain cut? Drill a hole fist then jigsaw it?

Dave

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to remove spa bath

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @robpa. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about cutting fibreglass.

I'd agree with @Dave-1 that either a reciprocating saw, jigsaw, or multi function tool would be the best choices. The effectiveness of cutting through the fibreglass will be in that order, too, from most efficient to least. 

Remember your PPE, including safety goggles, gloves, enclosed footwear and disposable overalls.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects