Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove stuck cone basin flange?

Zorro70
Getting Established

How to remove stuck cone basin flange?

I have a cone basin flange that will just not move. I have tried to put a rag over it to move it with no luck. I have also tried to apply heat with a hairdryer as well with no luck. Any suggestions how I might move it?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Stuck cone basin flange

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Zorro70. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing a stuck tap flange.

Here's a couple of previous discussions that you might like to read through: Plumbing issue - unable to unscrew faucet flange by @AndrewL and Tap Bonnet dramas by @timjeffries. Our members make several great suggestions within those topics. 

Sometimes the flange can be siliconed to the benchtop, making it hard to remove. Try carefully slipping an extendable cutting blade under the flange and running it around the circumference.

If the suggestions in the above discussions don't assist, then ultimately, you need to remove the stuck flange destructively. This could involve cutting it off with a hacksaw or crushing it to give the multigrip pliers something to hold onto.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you, Mitchell. I used multi-grip pliers that did the trick.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I'm so glad that worked out for you @Zorro70! Please let us know anytime you have a question on a project around your home or garden. We're here to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects