Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to renovate my small laundry?

magdalini
Getting Established

How to renovate my small laundry?

I’m deciding to try renovate laundry it’s small but I have no idea where to start 

849FC0F5-E21C-4CA0-856E-11F334DBB3F1.jpeg

MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Re: where to start

Hi @magdalini,

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop, thanks for coming here for advice!

This seems quite busy around this area, what would you like to have happen with a renovation, as in the end result?

Planning this before you make a start is going to be imperative to a decent finish.

Any further information you can give us, with respect to this project, will allow us to advise you on the way forward.

Regards,

Mike T.

Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Hey @magdalini

Get an idea of what you use your Laundry for and what you store in there. From looking at the image, I think you'd benefit from some bench space, so I would do the following:

- Get a larger (width) broom closet. 
- Remove the freestanding sink unit and replace it with a deep inbuilt bench sink that has a cupboard underneath it.

- Allow the Bench top to extend from the broom closet to the far right wall, ensuring it's high enough that the washing machine can be placed under it. 

- Wall mount the Dryer, all of them have options to be mounted upside down (and you can change the faceplate around to match the new direction). 

-Add a nice splash back, subway tiles are always nice

- Paint the room to freashen it

- Change light to a cool light

- Add either open shelves above the window or additional cupboards for extra storage. 

:smile: 

Remarka6le
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @magdalini. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about renovating your laundry.

It's wonderful to see both @MikeTNZ and @Remarka6le are assisting.

Having a read of How to plan a laundry renovation and checking out our Top 10 most popular laundry renovations are great places to start. Once you have a general idea of what is essential in your new laundry, you can begin planning the layout. If you can let us know what you'd like to include, we can assist with some suggestions. Also, if you can sketch out the floor plan with dimensions, we can put a 3D rendering together for you.

We're keen to hear more about your project and assist with the next steps.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@magdalini,

I thought I'd put together a quick rendering based on an approximate size. You should be able to fit something similar in. I'd recommend shifting the sink to the right or left and trying to get both the washer and dryer underneath. This will give you a larger unobstructed benchtop and a couple of wall cabinets. Alternatively, as @Remarka6le mentioned, you could wall mount the dryer, but personally, I think under the bench gives a cleaner result.

Mitchell

Thank you very much looks good I will try to see where I will start thanks

@MitchellMc coming in again with the goods. Use of space is fantastic and this wouldn't be an expensive renovation.

Remarka6le

I'd recommend you start by taking some accurate measurements across that wall and the width of your washer and dryer. We'll then be able to determine what width sink cabinet you'll need to use. You can then select your benchtop, sink and tapware. Next, you'll have a plumber comes in and move the pipework to the new location. After that, it's just a matter of building the sink cabinet, tiling the splashback, and installing the bench and wall cabinets.

Please keep us updated @magdalini and reach out if you need further assistance or get stuck.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects