Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair a shower head rail?

jamelialem
Just Starting Out

How to repair a shower head rail?

IMG_8220.jpeg

IMG_8221.jpeg

hello long story short I don’t know what to do hopefully you can point me in right direction i have tripped over a step in my shower and have grabbed onto the shower rail holder and didn’t realise I was strong to rip it out of the wall it was a quick thought but didn’t think I’ll do this sort of damage and now stress more ro what I’ve done but half of me is glad I grabbed that instead letting myself smack my face into the tile walls or even the ground and seriously hurt myself……

just wondering how I can fix or if you can give me some information about where I can get help to fix it……

thank you 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: shower rail head

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jamelialem. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about fixing a shower head rail.

So sorry to hear about your fall; that must have been frightening.

Was there another fitting not pictured that looks like the top one that is still fixed to the wall in the bottom image? It would have been the same and is used to hold the bottom of the rail to the wall. You can see where it's snapped off in the bottom image, and only a bolt is now sticking out of the wall. I suspect that you might have broken this fitting. The top fitting appears that you could insert the rail and rotate it back into position, but if the bottom fitting is broken, you might not be able to re-attach the rail to the wall. Have a look at that bottom fitting to see if it appears broken. You'd likely have to disassemble the fitting to see if the internal parts are damaged. Post a picture of it for us to see too.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to repair a shower head rail?

Hi @jamelialem,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community. We have loads of clever and creative members sharing help and inspiration on the site every day, so we trust you'll find plenty of advice and inspiring projects. 

As per Mitch's reply, please let us know if you need further assistance with the repair. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects