Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair chipped floor tile in shower?

karyn1
Just Starting Out

How to repair chipped floor tile in shower?

Hi,

i have a chipped tile in the shower on the floor and dont want to replace tile if i dont have to. Is there any glue that i can use to fill in the chip.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Chipped Floor Tile in Shower

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Karyn. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing a tile.

If you could show us a picture of the damage, our members would be better placed to offer solutions tailored to your needs. Let me know if you need assistance uploading an image.

Do you happen to have the chip still? If so, it would be best to glue it back into position, and you can do that with Araldite epoxy glue. If not, you could use epoxy filler, but it likely won't match your tile colour. What colour are the tiles?

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the damage and offering further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi there,

I have chipped tile at 4 places ( 3 on floor and one chip on wall) 20240111_133201 (1).jpg in the shower. Please guide the best way to fix it. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @bhand5akg 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us.

Usually, I would recommend using Earl's 500g Concremate Expanding Cement. But because it is in your shower it will need to be waterproof; I therefore suggest using Selleys 50g Knead It Aqua Epoxy Putty. Please note that before using the putty make sure that the holes in the tiles are free of dirt and debris. 

It's important that the holes in the tiles are dry, I suggest using a hair dryer to dry the surface. It is critical that the epoxy putty be mixed very well so that it activates properly. Please note that it will dry off white and will not be the same colour as your tile.  

My best advice is to mix only what you need and do not overfill the hole. Use your thumb to feather the finish of the putty so that it blends in with the tiles. Please give the putty enough time to cure so that it hardens properly. Using the shower too soon will crack and deform the putty.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Many thanks EricL

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects