Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace a S-trap toilet?

PatDIY_Dad
Cultivating a Following

How to replace a S-trap toilet?

I managed to put some cracks ( dont ask how) in our  Caroma Stylus Vencia toilet ( checked the model on our building selection sheet )

I want to replace for safety reasons

I am pretty confident its an S trap because the toilet is not hard up against the wall and I can see no pipes at the back. So it must go down the bottom of the floor. Meaning its an S trap right?

I also wanted to know if this is something I can try do myself?. I have looked online and people told me its pretty easy

This is the one below:

PXL_20230703_031729826.jpg PXL_20230703_031343734.jpgPXL_20230703_031336401.jpg

Stylus S Trap Venecia Close Coupled Toilet Suite WELS 4 Star 4.5 L/full - Bunnings Australia

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace a S-trap toilet?

Hello @PatDIY_Dad 

You are absolutely right that is an "S" trap toilet suite. The "P" trap always heads out towards the wall. I don't recommend replacing your toilet as a first time D.I.Y activity. It is an involved process and there are many opportunities to make an error in assembly. 

If you are replacing like for like, I suggest booking a toilet installation service if you're local store offers it. Otherwise, I suggest getting a quote from a registered plumber so that your installation is covered by a warranty.

Please note that the Caroma Venicia Toilet Suite needs to be ordered at the special orders desk. Make sure to tell the special orders team the model of the toilet suite you're after so that there will be no confusion.

Please note that it might be necessary to engage a licensed plumber to complete this work. If in doubt, consult your local building authority before you begin.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
PatDIY_Dad
Cultivating a Following

Thanks Eric. I have done other DIY stuff but more involving woodworking etc, but never really any plumbing type

Ill probably just get a plumber to do it and ask if I can see how he does it for next time

Never heard of a toilet installation service. I just thought any plumber would do that?

Hi @PatDIY_Dad,

A normal plumber can install the toilet, but we have a dedicated toilet installation service. It just makes it super simple to purchase your toilet and installation as a package. It saves having to locate a plumber and arrange them yourself.

Mitchell

PatDIY_Dad
Cultivating a Following

How do I get quotes for the install part of it only?

Or if you do as a package ill compare to other plumbers.

The toilet we have to replace is pretty expensive so want to get the cheapest quote possible with a proper install

No quotes are involved, just a standard fee of $275 @PatDIY_Dad. You can see all the details on the Bunnings website.

Mitchell

PatDIY_Dad
Cultivating a Following

Thanks for that. 

Can I buy the toilet myself first or does it have to be booked during purchase of new toilet?

I was planning to get the toilet and take it home ( same model as what I currently have ) then book it so I can get other prices to

You do not need to book the installation at the same time as purchasing the toilet @PatDIY_Dad. Simply return to the store with your receipt for the toilet and request to purchase the installation voucher. You'll then be able to book your installation appointment.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects