Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace a bathroom exhaust fan?

amyy
Just Starting Out

How to replace a bathroom exhaust fan?

Hi,

The exhaust fan in our bathroom is no longer working is the best option to buy a new one that is similar at Bunnings and have an electrician help us instal it? or is this easy enough to buy and self install? 
The exhaust fan looks very similar to this one from Bunnings

https://www.bunnings.com.au/blauberg-200mm-turbo-mixed-flow-inline-fan_p0247614

Are we only able to use this similar one or are we able to go for something slightly cheaper? 

57d23b1846c371671b9361acb99595bc.JPG2c98602c7760ecc502610daabaa3c313.JPG31d784ff38232651c614fd99f36c0405.JPGd75f18d0a6d72445ad62dcd6bd2bec15.JPG

Many thanks in advance for any advice ! 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bathroom Exhaust Fan

Hello @amyy 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your exhaust fan.

There are a number of choices in regards to inline exhaust fans. However, in regards to the electrical work, I suggest engaging the services of a registered electrician. I don't recommend doing any D.I.Y. electrical wiring.

Is the fan inlet in the middle of the ceiling or right over the shower cubicle? 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects