Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace a shower head that is too high and can’t be adjusted?

taguchi
Just Starting Out

How to replace a shower head that is too high and can’t be adjusted?

Hi all, i have the shower head thats too high like pic below. Any idea how to replace it with the extended one? Or i was thinking to change it with the one that can be moving around, is it possible?

ACFA24F4-77EF-4B1A-ABE0-349D38835ED9.png

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Shower head too high and can’t be adjusted

Hi @taguchi,

First let me welcome you to the Bunnings Workshop community! It is wonderful you have decided to join and ask us your great question. I can definitely see where you are coming from with your shower head. Our resident DIY expert @MitchellMc will be back online on Friday to assist you, in the meantime you can get some ideas from Bunnings' how to select the right shower head article. In it, you'll find a great photo of a shower head and handheld combo I think would work nicely in your bathroom, but it may require a plumber. Let me also tag @CSParnell to check if they have any thoughts. 

I am looking forward to seeing how your bathroom progresses, please keep us updated.

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @taguchi,

The simplest option might be to replace it with something like the Flexispray WELS 3 Star, 9L/Min Pulsar 5 Function Rail Shower. It will be screwed onto your wall, allowing a full range of heights to be selected. As you won't need to change any plumbing, you could D.I.Y. this installation. However, if you're not confident, I suggest employing a professional's services, as it will be a quick and hopefully relatively inexpensive installation.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Hey @KatieC thanks for the Tag and hey @MitchellMc what about just extending it with a 15mm M to F chrome pipe.

That head looks like it should unscrew from the current spout and then adding an extender on with some plumbing tape on the thread.

It would be best to unscrew the head and take it into your local store to confirm it is 15mm and the thread is the same.

There are different lengths to choose from so best to measure what length would be adequate as well.

@taguchi 

Screenshot_20221230_095128_Chrome.jpg

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

@taguchi 

If the threads are different there are some conversion kits in the same isle under aerator adaptors or conversion kits that change BSP thread to the tighter thread 

@CSParnell, "If the threads are different", that was my concern. Perhaps it has finer threads on the showerhead side? Adapter to an extension to an adaptor to the showerhead sounded like it was becoming a bit convoluted. If the extension screws onto the current threads then that's a great solution provided 150mm is long enough for @taguchi.

Mitchell

@MitchellMc I solved a few issues with those adapters in my stint at the Green Shed, they are a little tricky to find as they are not where you think they should be but worth a look.

Otherwise there is the option you have said in the past of the attachment of the bypass hand shower 3 way and then a hand shower. 

Failing that a vertical rail style that you can adjust the height.

Plenty of ways to skin a 🐈 😻 🐈️ 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects