Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace bathroom basin sink grate?

Jjuliaa97
Finding My Feet

How to replace bathroom basin sink grate?

Hi

Sadly this little doo hickey from my bathroom basin drain has broken!  Such a little thing, but I can't find out where I can get a replacement!  Any suggestions??  

Yours ever hopeful 

IMG_1886.JPG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bathroom Basin Drain Grate

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jjuliaa97. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about replacing a sink waste grate.

I was about to let you know that you'll need to replace the whole sink waste until I came across these 40 and 50mm Chrome Waste Insert And Plug Sink Repair Kits. Indeed an interesting concept; just silicone them over the top of the existing waste. They are designed for baths as it's tough to replace the drain waste, but Ezyfix indicates they're also suitable for basins.

The only other option I can come up with would be to pop a Kinetic 38mm Waste Basket Strainer over the hole. At least it would be functional and stop any rings from being lost to the abyss.

Let me know what you think.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hey Mitchell

I like the thinking of siliconing in a different waste insert, and am presently using a waste basket strainer as a short term measure :smile:

So happy to be thinking in synch :smile:

I'll check out the repair kits this week.  Many thanks

Julia

Keep us updated, @Jjuliaa97 and please reach out again if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects