Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace cistern to old style toilet (going sideways to wall in apartment)

diy_ujjaval
Growing in Experience

How to replace cistern to old style toilet (going sideways to wall in apartment)

Need help deciding what cistern to buy ? This is rental unit, just need some uplift to existing toilet. 

I was considering installing this one  https://www.bunnings.com.au/estilo-white-replacement-cistern-with-seat_p4870330 -

1. but not sure would it fit in my situation? - I'm fine if the tank is smaller than the existing tank - as long as the toilet sit and cistern connects well with existing toilet - what measurement do i need to take to make sure it's suited to my situation (distance from wall - or height from the floor ? )  - Pls advice

2. Does this product come along with screws to hook up into masonary wall / and pipe / valves ? 

3. Doing DIY - what tools and items do I need to keep with me, what do I need to buy in addition to the Estilo cistern n toilet sit - O ring / 250mm wrench / plumber's tools for the job pls suggest ? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace cistern to old style toilet (going sideways to wall in apartment)

Hi @diy_ujjaval,

The kit you have chosen is a fairly universal system. It includes a cut to size link pipe cover with 160-260mm adjustment so it will fit a variety of pans at different distances from the wall. The height of your existing cistern would be fairly standard, though you will most likely need to drill new mounting holes in the masonry to fit the cistern.

The product comes with the cistern, seat, link pipe, valves and fixings. You will find an adjustable spanner and a Phillips head screwdriver are needed for installation. You might also need some thread tape to re-install your water inlet to the cistern.

Please let me know if you need further information or have any questions about the installation. We're here to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects