Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace glass shower door seal?

Carol1
Just Starting Out

How to replace glass shower door seal?

i have measured the thickness of the glass and I have the appropriate seal replacement and have watched a video to fit it.  All information says to slide replacement on to glass. I have tried to do that it goes a short distance and then stops and won't move.

Are there any tips to assist it to slide it on as it says on video information.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: glass shower door seal replacement

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Carol1. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a shower door seal.

If you could share more details about the panel and seal, it would give our members a much better understanding of the current situation. Perhaps a few photos of the seal itself and at the point it stops going onto the panel would help. If you look at the end of the seal when it's going on, is there something on its profile that inhibits it after the short distance?

Have you tried any lubrication on the glass to assist with the seal sliding on? Even a little dishwashing liquid could help. I suspect you can get the initial section on as the resistance is minimal. At some point, the resistance is so great that it prevents you from slipping the whole length on. You might need to inch sections along one at a time.

I look forward to hearing more about the product you are using and whether some lubrication assisted.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects