Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace the laundry waste connection?

Phil_Y
Finding My Feet

How to replace the laundry waste connection?

set up unconnectedset up unconnectedset up almost connectedset up almost connectedHi there

I am completing an install of a laundry tub. I ma faced with a connection problem and I need some guidance on the correct connectors to finish the job.

There is a approx 5-7cm misalignment to get the P trap to meet with the waste line from the wall. How should I approach the solution?

The trap in situ is from the old tub I have replaced.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Laundry waste connection

Hello @Phil_Y 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your waste trap connection.

Because of the extended waste fitting of your laundry tub, I suggest changing your P trap with a Caroma 50mm White Short P Trap Inlet. I believe this trap will be able to compensate for the extended drop of the plug and waste. Please make sure to change the entire set. I don't recommend mixing and matching parts as the Caroma trap is designed to work exclusively together.

Please note that it might still be necessary to do adjustments under the laundry tub. I suggest doing a test fit to make sure everything lines up before you fix everything in place.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Eric

Yes I shared it with a plumber last night and he conferred with your advice. I'm off to my local store.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

It's great to hear that @EricL's advice was correct. 

Please keep us updated on your project and reach out if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects