Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace tiles in bathroom that became loose and dislodged when we had the last earthquake?

Evans2004
Finding My Feet

How to replace tiles in bathroom that became loose and dislodged when we had the last earthquake?

What is the glue needed to adhere tiles to wall around shower recess and in front of bath and is there a special sort of grout you need to go between the tiles?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace tiles in bathroom that became loose and dislodged when we had the last earthquake

Hello @Evans2004

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your bathroom tiles.

I'm sorry to hear that some of your tiles have fallen off. If it is less than a dozen, I suggest using Dunlop 310ml Tile-All Plus Premixed Tile Adhesive. It is a multipurpose adhesive and sealant. For the grout, I recommend using Davco Grout in conjunction with Davco 1L 4 In 1 Grout Additive. This combination will make the grout flexible and have greater water resistance. Should there be any further movement of the substrate, your tiles and grout will stay on much longer.

As an extra measure of protection, I recommend sealing the grout with Davco 500ml Sanitized Tile And Grout Sealer. I suggest using a fine brush or a bottle wheel applicator.

Here is a link to a step-by-step guide: How to grout wall tiles 

If you have any other questions we can help out with, please don't hesitate to post them.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to replace tiles in bathroom that became loose and dislodged when we had the last earthquake

Dear Eric,

Thanks so much for the very informative videos of preparation and the processes needed to finish the job..

I am really looking forward to commencing the task and making my bathroom really amazing. It will be

a challenge and have rewards at the end.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects