Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to seal leaking shower door?

Harvi69
Finding My Feet

How to seal leaking shower door?

Hi 

I was wondering if anyone could help me to find a solution for water water-escaping issue for shower door.

Shower door .jpg

It's a frameless door. I have placed the plastic seals but water is still escaping. Hope there is any other way of sealing or having to place any magnet strip. I was unable to find those magnet plastic strips with 90-degree angle at bunnings. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to seal leaking shower door?

Hello @Harvi69 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about shower seals.

Can you please specify where the water is leaking out of? Looking at the photo you posted, it appears that you've placed the shower seals properly, is there a gap or a seal that is out of place? I tired looking for those angle strips you were referring to, but I could only find was the Brutus 19 x 19 x 2.5mm 2.4m PVC Building Moulding.

I'm not sure if it would be suitable for showers and it does not have a magnetic base. The only way I see it being attached is with silicone. I also suggest having a look at the Sandleford 6 x 2200mm Square Rear Door Seal just in case you were after a 90-degree seal.

Let me call on our experienced members @Dave-1 and @JacobZ95 for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @Harvi69 

My sister has a similar style shower, the water has escaped from the bottom of the door, is this what you mean by it leaking?

Dave

Hi @Dave-1 

It is leaking from the side 

Regards 

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @Harvi69 

The side as in where the frame meets the walls or the side of the door opening?

Im just not clear on it yet.

Dave

JacobZ95
Growing in Experience

Hi @Harvi69,

Sandleford 6x2200mm Curved Rear Door Seal 

Is it something like this that you’ve seen?

Jacob

Yes its as the door is not closing properly leaving the gap for water to escape. 

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @Harvi69 

Mmmm 

I wonder if something is out of alignment? As in some angle isnt quiet right? Did you install the shower in the first place? If so do you know the model, maybe there is something inthe install notes that points to the issue? 

I just had a quick squiz online about people with similar issues and the one thing that jumped out at me was "incorrectly fitting of the plastic seals" I wonder if you have the correct seals for your shower frame?

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Harvi69 

Would you mind posting a close-up photo of the seals you've purchased and how they are attached to your shower? This will give our members a chance to assess their installation, we can then make recommendations on how to best deal with the leaks.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects