Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop water escaping from frameless shower door?

jessicat
Just Starting Out

How to stop water escaping from frameless shower door?

Hello! I currently have two frameless showers in my house. They are nothing but a pain with water escaping. I have the rubber seals on the bottom which help but unfortunately the water escapes the sides. I did find at bunnings a magnetic strip that can be applied to the door to keep it shut but this I found out later is only for doors that are rounded. My doors are at a 90 degree angle. Looking forward to any help! 

Thank you

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to stop water escaping from frameless shower door?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jessicat. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about sealing a frameless shower.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of a frameless shower, any water splashing on the door will likely find its way out of any gaps. You mention keeping the door shut. Is the door not closing properly and leaving an unusually large gap? Perhaps you could post some images so our members can better understand the issue at hand. Let me know if you need a hand uploading images.

Have you tried adding door seals around the door sides? If they've worked on the bottom, perhaps you would have equal luck on the sides.

How's your shower head orientated? Any chance of changing styles or not having a wide spray pattern that might hit the door?

I'll be looking forward to those images and assisting further.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects