Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ideas for combined laundry and pantry please

lana
Getting Established

Ideas for combined laundry and pantry please

Good morning, just received a quote of $16k to fit out our laundry and pantry and was hoping we could ask for some ideas on how to diy it please? I have attached some pictures. Looking forward to being part of this workshop group 😊

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Ideas for combined laundry and pantry please

Hi @lana,

Wonderful to have you join us. Let me extend a very warm welcome to the community. We're looking forward to seeing how you can transform this space. 

Could we please trouble you for a sketch of the floorplan? It would really help members to see what you are working with. Dimensions would also be really valuable. 

And can you please share some of your goals for this project? What do you want to achieve from the renovation? As much detail as possible will really help our members to give you more helpful and specific advice. 

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
lana
Getting Established

image.jpg

lana
Getting Established

Thank you Jason for your suggestion. Hope the sketch can be read? We would like to tie it in with our kitchen colour scheme of grey and white. We Would like to leave the tub, washing machine & dryer where they are but update the appliances and have the pantry & storage on the other side. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for the sketch and the extra info @lana.

Let me tag the amazing @redracer01 who might like to share some ideas and perhaps even some designs with you. Very experienced renovators @Mathy and @2Belindas might also like to kick off the discussion with their thoughts.

Jason

lana
Getting Established

Great, thank you

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @lana. I apologise for the delay in my reply

I hope all is well. I thought I would join the conversation to let you know about our fantastic range of D.I.Y. Kaboodle solutions. There is a free to use kitchen/laundry planner and calculator available which will assist you in finding inspiration and exploring finishes whilst also mixing and matching cabinetry with benchtops. This may be a case of just starting to place items and planning out the area. Once you have a feel for the locations of where new benchtops and cabinetry is to be placed the styling will follow suit.

There are also some great styling options within the Kaboodle range, the country life being similar to the shaker style mentioned. An option is a smoked grey finish if you wished to continue it from the kitchen.

All Kaboodle items can be built and installed by yourself, cutting down on the cost of your new laundry and pantry.

If you had any questions about the Kaboodle range or how to complete the installation yourself, please let me know.

Mitchell

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello  @lana 

Doing part of your renovation by yourself is the goal of most renovators to save money. But we must balance this with practical considerations such as plumbing, electrical and tiling. I have attached some drawings for your renovation, this is just to give you an idea of what the layout could be like. You can remove some of the cabinets if there is too many or even replace them if you wish to have a pantry in the line up. The laundry side idea is only possible if you change your washing machine to a front loader. Choose colors that will either blend or compliment the colors you already have in your house. However this is not a fixed rule and is always up to you. Email the drawings to your closest Bunnings store and get a quote! I suggest Think engineered bench tops, easier to maintain, non porous and is easily repaired, with equal if not superior properties of stone. I hope the drawings give you inspiration and I look forward to your final decision on how you will do it.

Cheers!

Red

Lana butler1.jpgLana butler2.jpgLana butler3.jpgLana butler4.jpgLana butler5.jpgLana butler6.jpgLana butler7.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

lana
Getting Established

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you for your comments. I really like the suggestions. I will investigate further. Would love to be able to do this.

Cheers

lana
Getting Established

Hi Red, 

Thank you for those drawings. Love it. So much inspiration and fantastic tips. I will have a chat to our local Bunnings.

Cheers

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects