Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Installing Heated Towel Rail in bathroom

MaryTonnz
Building a Reputation

Installing Heated Towel Rail in bathroom

HI, I have purchased the Barelli 5 bar black heated towel rail from Bunnings and am having a problem with the installation.

I have opted for the plug in version as there is a power point up on the wall.

It comes with four screws and 3 bushes and 2 x chrome bushes for different lengths and I am presuming the the one with the side piece opening [in photo] is the one I use for the leg where the electric cord come out .

However I have 2 problems

1. it will not fit all the way in to the tube, and I am not sure if I should be putting extra force on it to get it in [I don't want to cut the electric cord with it]

2. it does not have a central hole for screwing into the wall like the grey plastic bushes for the other 3 legs [also in photo]. I noticed this after I had drilled the homes in the wall and placed the plastic expanders in to them]

Advice would be very helpful. plastic bushesplastic busheschrome bushchrome bush

MaryTonnz
Building a Reputation

Re: Installing Heated Towel Rail in bathroom

update - I stopped for a cuppa, gave some thought to it and sorted it out, so heated towel rail is on wall and running nicely. :smile:

Hello @MaryTonnz 

Let me give you celebratory shout. Huzzah!!!

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

That's great to hear, @MaryTonnz! I'm was here furiously trying to troubleshoot the issue so that I could provide some assistance. I find having a sitdown, and a cuppa solves many of my issues as well. Was there any trick to it you could share if someone else comes across this discussion with a similar issue?

Many thanks for sharing the update.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MaryTonnz
Building a Reputation

Hi Mitchell  - it was basic really.  I screwed the chrome bush on to the wall through the smaller of the 2 holes, saw that it lined up with the others then placed the heater over them all and pushed and it slid in ok. :smile:

Fantastic work @MaryTonnz! That was one of the avenues I was exploring, that mounting the bushings might lead to a solution.

Have you got your towels warming? It's cold and wet in Sydney, and thanks to your discussion, I'm now thinking of purchasing a heated towel rail. It would be nice to have warm towels for my bub's bath every night, especially coming into winter.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MaryTonnz
Building a Reputation

Mitchell, It is lovely weather here in Tauranga, NZ.  Sun is shining. :smile:    I love having a heated towel rail.  It not only keeps the towels dry and warm it keeps the bathroom warm too, keeps away any humidity.  Also you don't have to wash your towels as much with them not lying around damp.  I have always loved having them in my other houses so was finally glad I got my bathroom done and got my towel rail back up. My last project in the bathroom is to put up some shelves over the washing machine area and to get a better light as the one on the wall is hopeless. :smile:

Mary

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects